Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dorset Festival of Authors & Artists

I'm a little behind with my posting!

While Zachary went camping with Grandpa Fred and Grandma Mary, Melissa and Paige accompanied me to Dorset, MN for their annual Festival of Authors and Artists on June 23rd. Dorset is a small town, and pretty much closes down in the winter. They call themselves the Restaurant Capital of the World, due to their high restaurant to person ratio, and maybe that's true, but I think they're being a bit tongue-in-cheek. It's a town with a sense of humor; they elect their mayor by having anyone who wants to enter a drawing - you don't even have to be a resident - and then they draw the name, and voila! New mayor for the year!

The book signing I attended was at Sister Wolf Books, a cute bookstore with a nice selection.


Imagine this actually upright - so that the coffee doesn't spill out and scald me in the picture below.


Here I am talking to a customer.

I didn't sell a whole lot, but the owners of Sister Wolf Books were very nice, and so were the customers. One of the customers even grabbed some cookies for me. Thanks!

After the signing, Paige, Melissa and I explored the town and had dinner. That night we stayed at the Heartland Trail Bed & Breakfast. A fun place, and I highly recommend staying there! The B&B is in what used to be a school building, and each room is now assigned a grade level. We stayed in Grade 2. The owners were great - they also rent out bikes for the Heartland Bike Trail that runs through their backyard. The breakfast they served was delicious!



On the way home, we had to stop at nearby Nevis to take a picture of the World's Largest Tiger Muskie.


Paige & I about to get slapped by the giant tail.


Anyway, it was a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment