Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ox Cart Angel in Lake City, MN!


I had a wonderful time in Lake City, Minnesota on December 1st. Much thanks to the Lake City Friends of the Library and the Lake City Historical Society for hosting me.

The shindig was in Lake City’s City Hall – the old part was built in 1899. I gave my presentation in the ball room, which had beautiful woodwork and historical displays all around.




Here’s the “Mystery Woman” that’s part of my presentation (and also the photograph that led me on a genealogy search that sparked the idea of Ox Cart Angel.)



Check out the nice spread! Cookies, crackers, cheese, fruit, coffee, cider...perfect for the day!



Also thanks to the Mississippi Mercantile for their lovely display!



Here’s me signing (again) – that’s my dad standing in the background. My mom and one of my brothers was there, too, which was fun. It’s the first time they've seen me do my thing.



After the event, Don and Alice Schwartz had us over to their beautiful home for lunch. Don’s classical guitar playing added a nice touch to the day!



Another cool thing – both my brother and I saw a white squirrel scampering around the area. The last time we’d seen one was at our grandparents’ Walt and Laura Arnold, who used to live further down the Mississippi in Wabasha. Perhaps they were there with us, too, watching and enjoying the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment